Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Laundry Closet Organization

So for anyone who knows me I am a bit of an organized freak. My dream home will have a huge laundry/mudroom....but for now I live in an apartment where the laundry is in the kitchen closet. So I have to make due!



I hate having things just strewn about in plastic bags or piled high boxes so I decided to do the best I could with what I've got and make my laundry closet cute!


They are so easy and cheap to do!

Baskets - $12 - Home Goods - Set of 4
Wooden Plaques - $3.99 for a set of 6 - Hobby Lobby
Double Sided Scrapbook paper - $.99 - Hobby Lobby
Velcro squares - a whole roll is approximately $3
ModPodge
ModPodge 3d

Cut the paper to the size of the wooden plaques you bought. Smear some modpodge on the wooden plaque and place the paper firmly smoothing down edges. I guess you could use elmer's glue as well, but I like the smoothness of using ModPodge. Once in place, I simply wrote what I wanted in sharpie. Create a spiral around the wooden Plaque with 3d ModPodge, spreading evenly with a thin paint brush. Let Dry.

I used velcro so that I could mix and re-use baskets without harming them. You are all done and your laundry closet is organized now!

No comments:

Post a Comment