Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spa like Artwork for the bedroom!

Paintings are expensive. I had a huge plain wall that needed a little something extra in the bedroom. I decided fabric would be a gorgeous alternative to add a little extra warmth to the bedroom.

1. Fabric- I found mine at Hancock Fabrics. It was a bit pricier there so I did my research online and found the exact same fabric for a discounted price, because they were scraps. With the canvases I used, I only needed several yards, which was only $4.27 a yard!!
2. Canvases - $2 each from a yard sale. Hobby lobby does carry these sizes for approximately $9, if a yard sale isn't in your immediate future
3. Staple Gun and/or Hot glue gun

It's so easy to do. Simply flip the canvas over, and strech the fabric around the edges. Staple each corner to ensure a smooth front, then staple approximately 1 in. apart all the way around the canvas. If a staple gun is not in your possession, my friend used hot glue to seal the fabric to the canvas.

Pound a nail in the wall and hang. No hardware needed since the canvas has an edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment